Skip to main content

Workers' Compensation Claims

No matter how many safety measures you take to protect your employees, accidents can still happen on the job. Fortunately, your team at Fremont Insurance is ready to guide you through the claims process and get your employee the treatment and support they need for a fast recovery.

rows of workers helmets lined up on a rack

File a Claim

To file a claim online, please log into your policyholder account. You can also report a claim by calling your Fremont Insurance agent directly. If it's after regular business hours, please call our 24-hour Emergency Claims Service Center.

Emergency Claims Service Center

File a Claim Online

Check Claim Status

Check on the status of an open claim by logging into your policyholder account, or by contacting your claims specialist directly.

Check Claim Status Online

What the claims process looks like

We're here to make your claims process as smooth and straightforward as possible.

Here's what each step in the claims process looks like:


Submit Your Claim

To start the claims process you'll need to contact your insurance agent and provide the details of what happened. Once your agent has collected the details of the incident they will submit a claim on your behalf. You may also contact our Workers’ Compensation First Report of Injury Call Center by calling 888-298-9043.

Meet Your Claims Specialist

A claims specialist will be assigned to your case. They will contact you to verify the facts of the incident and explain your coverages.

Build Treatment Plan

Your claims specialist will work directly with your employee to identify qualified medical facilities in their area for treatment.

Get Status Updates Until Your Claim is Closed

Your claims specialist will have continued communication with you until your claim is closed. We offer several ways for you to stay in contact with your claims specialist to get fast status updates (phone, text, email, fax).

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the proper loss notice for Work Comp?

Form 100 (revision date of 2013 or later).

When does wage loss start for a workers' compensation claim?

The injured worker must be deemed ineligible for work by a licensed physician for at least 7 consecutive days. Please contact a claims specialist for specific details.

Does the injured worker have to accept work for light duty within their restrictions if their employer has it available?

Yes, please contact a claims specialist for specific details.

Get Connected

Social Media Channels

Fremont Insurance Actions

Find An Agent File A Claim

Talk To Someone