What to do after an accident
A car accident can leave you feeling shaken and uncertain of what to do next. Here's a simple checklist to follow immediately after an accident.
- Check For Injuries: Stay calm and check to make sure that you and your passengers are okay.
- Move To A Safer Place: If you are able to drive your car, move to the shoulder to avoid approaching traffic. Turn on your hazard lights or set flares to warn other drivers on the road.
- Contact The Police: Call 9-11
- Exchange Information: Collect the name, address, phone number, license number, and insurance information from everyone involved in the accident including any witnesses.
- Do Not Admit Fault: Don't discuss the details of what happened with anyone other than the police officer and your insurance agent.
- Contact Your Agent: As soon as it's safe, please contact your agent so they can begin the claims process and answer any questions you have.
What the claims process looks like
We're here to make your claims process as smooth and straightforward as possible. Here's what each step in the claims process will look like.
Submit Your Claim
Meet Your Claims Specialist
Get Status Updates Until Vehicle Is Repaired
If your windshield is cracked or chipped, call 800-550-0325 and select the option to Submit a Glass Claim or file a glass claim online. Your claims specialist will ask you to describe the details of the windshield damage. Then they will explain your coverages and let you know about any deductibles.
If your car was damaged in an accident, your claims specialist will help you schedule repairs. You can either choose a repair shop of your choice or from one of our preferred vendors.
The Fremont Platinum Repair Program gives you special benefits like having your vehicle inspected directly at the repair shop, arranging for repairs when it's most convenient, and receiving a lifetime warranty once your repairs are complete!