Skip to main content


  • Available in Michigan

Whether you're renting a home or you're the owner of a rental property, it's important to have proper insurance protection against potential risks. As a landlord, you deserve an insurance policy that covers not only your building, but the expensive appliances inside. And as a tenant, you deserve peace of mind that your personal possessions are covered if they are damaged or stolen. Fremont Insurance offers rental dwelling policies that give you broad coverage at a competitive rate.

Photo of happy couple hugging, next to moving boxes

Coverages For Rental Property Owners


This coverage helps you pay for damages to the physical structure of your rental building and anything permanently attached, like your garage.

Personal Property

This coverage reimburses you if the contents in your rental property (like appliances) are damaged, destroyed, lost, or stolen.

Fair Rental Value/Additional Living Expense

If your rental building is damaged to the point that it's unsafe for your tenants to live there, this coverage will reimburse you for the lost rent.

Coverages for Renters

Personal Property

This coverage reimburses you if the contents in your rental home are damaged, destroyed, lost, or stolen.

Loss of Use

If your rental home is damaged and you can no longer safely live there, this coverage will reimburse you for your expenses while you live somewhere else (like a hotel) while your rental is repaired.

Personal Liability

This coverage provides protection if you’re found legally liable to have caused bodily injury or property damage to someone else.

Medical Payments

This coverage provides protection from injuries that occur at your residence (e.g. a friend slipped on your icy stairs).

File a Claim

When the unexpected happens, Fremont Insurance is by your side to help you reclaim whatever you lost. We’re committed to ensuring a smooth claims experience by keeping you informed every step of the way.

smiling woman using phone and computer

Ways to Save

We’re dedicated to helping our customers get the most coverage at the best rate. That’s why we look for opportunities to save you money.


You must bundle more than one insurance policy to qualify.


You must be 50 years of age or older to qualify.


You must be a member of a group or association that insures with Fremont Insurance to qualify.

Protective Device

You must have protective devices installed in your rental home (smoke detectors, fire alarms, security system) to qualify.

Get Connected

Social Media Channels

Fremont Insurance Actions

Find An Agent File A Claim

Talk To Someone