We can replace your property, but we can’t replace you or your family.
Wood burners are great for ambiance and pocketbooks. There is also a greater risk of a home fire.
Use these handy reminders to stay on top of maintenance and safety items:
- Frequently check the unit and chimney flues.
- Inspect the chimney from the roof, using a flashlight to look for obstructions or damage.
- Check stovepipes for creosote build-up; have the chimney and stove professionally cleaned as needed.
- Burn only seasoned wood, preferably at least 2 years old.
- Keep children away from the stove to prevent burns or risk of clothing ignition.
- Keep combustible materials away to avoid risk of ignition.
- Maintain a multi-purpose fire extinguisher near the stove; check the date on the extinguisher and keep it up to date.
- Check and maintain smoke detectors.